Saturday 28 August 2010

Delivery 3

We wafted into Adelaide at about 2pm.

I say "wafted" because that's the word which best describes the progress of this Camry. It tends to filter out any serious engagement between driver and road.

It's not a car that I could live with, but then, I don't have to. I'll jump on the plane tomorrow to be reunited with my MX5 - a complete contrast.It's done what I'd hoped it would do - to get us to the bottom of the country without drama, and cheaply.



It averaged 8.24 lit/100km, used no oil, and kept us warm and comfortable through some pretty nasty conditions.

Today is recovery day, and about showing daughter as much of the city of churches as we can get to in one day. This will have to wait until she gets up, of course.

I must be weird - I seem to be energised by big road trips,whereas members of my family tend to collapse in a heap.

Maybe it has something to do with the way I drive?

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...