Thursday 14 April 2022

Time for an Apology

 

Pic Courtesy Adelaide Now*

The following letter, gentle reader, has been emailed to all candidates in my federal electorate.

It will be interesting to see what responses I get, if any.

I'll keep you posted.







*This picture, from the AWM archive, was used to illustrate an article by Grahame Cornes, a member of my rifle platoon, in Adelaide Now on Dec 4th 2020.

Note - The links don't work in the letter.
Find them here.

Update 15.04.22 - Genevieve Allpass, Suzie Holt and Garth Hamilton (who says he will take it up with the minister) have responded. If Hamilton is fair dinkum, he'd be taking it up with the PM. After all, the PM is one of the two people (the other is the Leader of the Opposition) who should be making the apology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie Company lads...Marty Cameron in front. Can't remember the name of the other digger, from 7 platoon I believe, but do remember him at one of the marches (Sydney, I think) wearing black and white checkered chefs' trousers. Remember thinking it wasn't the time or place.

1735099 said...

I reckon you're correct. There is another similar shot taken on or about 26th April in the AWM collection.

The One Day of the Year

At the cenotaph 25.04.24 It took me fifteen years after returning from Vietnam before I marched on Anzac Day. There were all manner of reaso...