Saturday 29 March 2014

The Little Drummer Boy



 In a lively blog discussion the other day, Andrew Blot Bolt's name came up.

One of the posters (sadly - not I) described him as a "conflict entrepeneur".

Pretty accurate, I reckon.

To introduce a metaphor - Bolt (and others of his ilk) remind me of country shows when I was a kid …..of the spruiker who stood outside the boxing tent beating the drum.
Not much skill or intelligence required – just the capacity to maintain a steady relentless beat….

Anyway, without stretching the metaphor too far, it provides a context for some great music.

And whilst I'm talking about Bolt, below are a few examples of what your eyes are not allowed to see - examples of comment I've made on his blog which this exponent of free speech has censored.

This is in response to Bolt having a little jolly about wall-to-wall Coalition governments.








This was in response to criticism of Tim Wilson's appointment. 




It fascinates me that a conflict entrepreneur is afraid of a humble part time blogger.

Still, it provides a great excuse to post Paul Kelly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're a wanker mate, some of my comments are not published.

1735099 said...

Unlike Bolt, I always post comments, even when they reveal the commentator as an abusive adolescent.

The One Day of the Year

At the cenotaph 25.04.24 It took me fifteen years after returning from Vietnam before I marched on Anzac Day. There were all manner of reaso...