Saturday 17 September 2011

The Dangi















Urandangi features in the Fart of the Nation this weekend, which is slightly coincidental, as not so long ago I was at a reunion of those of us who worked in Education Queensland's Regional Office in Mt Isa during the mid nineties, and the topic of the Dangi came up frequently.

Urandangi reminds me of the scattered car keys at the turnoff, the smell of camel in the morning, and a sign on the bar of the pub which said - "Stay on your side of the bar and I'll feed you Dangi grog - move to my side of the bar and I'll feed you to the Dangi dog".

It looks like the sign has been taken down. That's a pity.

The school gets a mention. I was there at its birth.

I'm far too sober now to tell Dangi tales - but one day......

In the meantime, the Fart of the Nation barely does it justice.


No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...