Tuesday 16 November 2010

iPad Blogging




















Blogging with the iPad is possible, but requires a slightly lateral approach.

The Safari browser lacks the capacity to upload images, so if that's what you want to do, it becomes a two-stage process.

First, you need to compose the post, including any images, and save it as a document. In this case I've used iWorks.

Then you send it to your regular computer, (using email or the MobileMe application) and post it from there. You can make a text-only post if you want to complete the whole exercise using only the iPad.

Apparently there are browsers being developed for the tablet which overcome the problem, but for now I'm happy to keep using Safari until I build up my skill base.

This is the finished product. The pic is for illustrative purposes only.

4 comments:

Boy on a bike said...

Is Safari cut down on the ipad? Or has it changed? I used to use it to upload photos - haven't tried it for a while though.

1735099 said...

BOAB
Apparently.
Atomic Browser mimics Firefox and is available for 99c. Apart from being a useful mobile device, the iPad is a marketing hook for the Apps.

cav said...

I have enough problems posting on my blog with an ordinary computer and an ordinary head.

BTW, who is that guy in the picture?

1735099 said...

Cav
Some Yank. George W something or other....

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...