Monday 1 March 2010

Bloody Wet


Tomorrow's trip west is looking dodgy.


I've been doing this for four years now, and this is the first time that I may have to defer/postpone work because of the weather.
It's a personal inconvenience, but I doubt that the people where I'm heading will be upset.

Some of the falls are already records, and there's a low brewing up off Fraser Island.

Let it rip, Hughie!

Update

02.03.10
I got as far as Miles. When I tried to head North along the Leichhardt Highway, a fairly large gentleman wearing a fetching shade of blue, explained politely that this was not a good idea, and I should go back in the direction from which I had come. He also suggested that I do this as soon as I could, as a "metre of water" was coming down the creek. I wasn't sure exactly what this meant, but I did as I was told.

This wasn't surprising, given the conditions. I haven't seen so much rain out this way since 1974.





The rain gauge looked interesting when I got home.


Tomorrow is another day.....

No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...