Sunday 25 November 2007

Vox Populi


Apparently we've had a change of government. Generally, it's been accomplished with good humour, a lack of violence and a measure of civility - especially during the concession and acceptance speeches. There have been minor exceptions (see my last post).

We should never take for granted the fact that we live in a mature democracy.

Sorry about the pic - no particular significance - it just caught my eye. My own electorate (Groom) showed a 10.5% swing to the ALP. It's gone from being safe Coalition to being on the verge of marginal. There must have been a mood for change for this to happen in conservative Toowoomba.

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...