Thursday 23 August 2012

Tambo Way


Tambo waterholes





























This week I'm on a five-day job taking me as far North as Tambo.

That's about due West of Bundaberg.

Schools out this way are a long way from service centres. They usually adapt to these circumstances, by picking and choosing their support irrespective of its origin.

It reminds me of my time in the North-West based in Mt Isa. Most schools in that area worked this way. As a result, kids with disabilities in these small schools often do very well.

This tends to be despite inflexible support structures that are based on metropolitan concepts, and is a credit to the personnel and communities in these small schools.

If you're on the extreme end of the service infrastructure, you will take support where you can get it.

The country is drying out fast. We've had a month with no rain after three good seasons in a row.

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...