Monday 10 January 2011

Chaos



Toowoomba city - this afternoon. (Caution - strong language)

I was at a shopping centre only one kilometre from where I live, but by the time I realised what was happening, it was too late, and I was cut off.

I spent the next two hours waiting for the water to recede before I could get home.

The city is in chaos, and emergency services are overwhelmed. I've never seen rain like it. The pressure of the downpour was so great that it blew the top off our rain gauge.


















I'm supposed to be helping my daughter shift house tomorrow in Brisbane - unlikely, as the Warrego is blocked by landslides at the top of the range and flooded creeks at the bottom.

More video on the ABC.

1 comment:

cav said...

Amazing stuff!

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...