Thursday 26 April 2012

Anzac Day in Toowoomba


This is a small experiment in uploading video from my iPhone.

The subject is a parade of senior diggers in vintage jeeps.

Conclusion: It works, but basic cinematography skills are needed.

I lack them.

It's also an attempt to capture the atmosphere in Toowoomba at the Anzac Day commemoration. It's very different from Sydney where I marched last year.

More sky than Tiger, but there you go...






























The Tiger flyover was a nice touch, but not as evocative as the two Harvards that did a pass half an hour later.
Skinny pic. They were flying very slowly. You'd think they could sync the rotors....

Unfortunately I didn't tape them. Thunder of radials at low level is amazing.

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...