Monday 19 March 2012

Tambo

Today is Tambo.

It's the most Northern centre on my list, and so far away from base that I can't get here more than once a term.
The locals are caught between two administrative centres (Roma and Longreach).
Some government agencies are sourced from one centre, and some from the other. It doesn't make much sense, but the locals accept it as part of living in some of the best country in Western Queensland.
In any case, as far as I'm concerned, Longreach should be the seat of Government in Queensland.
It's almost the geographical centre, after all.
I reckon the inhabitants of regional Queensland would get a much better deal if all the senior public servants (Director-Generals and the like) lived in Longreach.

No comments:

Jetstar

Pic courtesy Jetstar I thought I had retired, gentle reader, but now I’m working for Jetstar. I haven’t flown with them for a while, and the...