Tuesday 20 March 2012

Cunnamulla

Most often I travel east-west but today it was north-south.

The drive from the lush cattle country around Augathella and Tambo into the hungrier and harsher scrub at the Charleville/Cunnamulla end was an exercise in contrasts.

The mining boom is extending its tentacles as far out as Cunnamulla. I don't know what they're looking for out this way, but I guess it must be CSG.

A tan colored Highway Patrol SS Commodore with gaudy stripes was gutter crawling around the pitch black streets tonight. It's rare to see the gendarmes outside the townships. I reckon there's a direct and measurable relationship between a police presence and the availability of fast food.

The sunset was worth capturing.

No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...