Wednesday 26 September 2007

Spinning the Climate


It took a read of “Wheels” magazine for me to discover an interesting story about political spin and global warming. I am addicted to reading road tests and fantasizing about the machines I can’t afford to buy. Hopefully if I did have the means, I'd also have the sense to spend it on something a bit more enduring than a car. Apparently most millionaires buy second-hand cars.


Tucked away in a story by John Cadogan about increased carbon-dioxide levels is a reference to the oil lobby (essentially Saudi Arabia and the US), pushing the UN in 1989 to replace references to “global warming” in climate preservation resolutions to the less threatening “climate change”.


It looks as if they’re up that river in Egypt (de Nile). I didn’t expect to find it in a motor magazine!

No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...