Unapologetic insolence from an aging subversive

Unapologetic insolence from an aging subversive

Friday, 17 February 2012

More Likely?
























My son posted this on Facebook.

I don't know where he found it, but it makes a great deal of sense.

6 comments:

9482785472 said...

Activists and oil companies. What a strange world you live in.

1735099 said...

So you live somewhere where activists and oil companies don't exist?
Must be some sort of parallel universe....

sfw said...

Show me the evidence and I will begin to take you seriously.

1735099 said...

Happy to oblige -
In the 2006 US election cycle, oil and gas companies contributed over $19 million to political campaigns. 82% of that money went to Republican candidates, while the remaining 18% went to Democrats. In 2004, oil and gas companies contributed over $25 million to political campaigns, donating 80% of that money to Republicans. In the 2000 elections, over $34 million was contributed, with 78% of that money going to Republicans. Electric utilities also heavily favor Republicans; their contributions have recently ranged between $15-20 million. From 2003-2006, the energy lobby also contributed $58.3 million to state-level campaigns. By comparison, alternative energy interests contributed around half a million dollars in the same time period.
Go here - http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/indusclient.php?id=E01&year=a

sfw said...

Your figures ignore the massive amounts paid to environmental groups by governments and oil companies. The recent Heartland saga has proved that. Environmental and green groups have in total over 1000 times the money that those who question global warming have. The reason that the greens etc haven't won hearts and minds is that there is no evidence to support their greenhouse theories none at all. All the observations invalidate their theories. However instead of thinking perhaps there is something wrong with my computer models and theory they keep making excuses.

1735099 said...

I'm interested in facts not commentary. Go here - http://1735099.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/more-light-than-heat-some-conclusions.html
And here - http://1735099.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/hopefully-more-light-than-heat.html
And here - http://1735099.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/more-light-than-heat-does-it-work.html

Blog Archive