Saturday 19 March 2011

Random Pics along the Warrego

This week I've been down the Warrego again. I decided I'd leave the Olympus behind and take some shots with my iPhone - in the interests of travelling light. Results are mixed, but they're posted here anyway.

The morning I left Toowoomba was clouded over, and the morning murk was breaking occasionally to let the sun through.
 
The EMQ chopper was lit up by the sunrise.

















As were the grain silos near Felton.
The locals aren't keen on the miners.
There are signs everywhere.
They have become well-organised.


 It fined up as I headed West.

 There were galahs at Mitchell.







 And morale-boosting attempts in this staff room further West..

















Big chooks near Augathella (I dodged them).













More anti-mining signs.







If they do mine for coal, it will wind up looking like this.







Can't say I blame the farmers for getting stroppy, but with the combination of a cash-strapped state government and mining bosses with dollar signs in their eyes, I don't think they're going to win.

No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...