Thursday 29 April 2010

Show Time

Usually I avoid country shows like the plague.

I'm getting too old and cranky to be putting up with the queues, the dust, and the wind. This year, however, the weather was good, I had the time, and my daughter was keen, so we went.
All the usual stuff was there.
Ferguson tractors (I learned to drive one of these when I was 10).















Craft displays. This looks delicious, but is actually soap.




















Plenty of show bags on sale. 



                                                                     


And lots of very big pumpkins.                                     






















But there was stuff I wasn't expecting. 
There were belly dancers.
 

Heaps of them.  Somehow it just didn't seem right - mixed up as they were with all the produce stalls.   
                                                                         




















And a couple of seedy looking characters on a Mini Jeep. They sounded better than they looked.                                                                                                                       



















Then there was this. If you're game, double click on the image and take a closer look. 
The mind boggles.

No comments:

The Forgotten Men

The Canberra billet which I guarded in 1970. Taken in 2006 with an extra floor added. Excuse the blurry shot.  Between November 1964 and Dec...