Tuesday 28 October 2008

Snipped by Bolt


I often post to Andrew Bolt's bolt – the results provide some light relief. From time to time I get snipped by his moderators. It usually happens when I criticize his bias or style. This post contains an example. Make up your own mind as to whether this constitutes abuse. (Unfortunately, I didn't save the original post – but it's pretty close).

The snip –

Andrew
No matter what the topic, you always SNIP......abuse of the host. If you loathe the host so much, why on earth are you here? Please learn to debate like and* adult or go play somewhere else. Bolt Moderators.

* Note the spelling - they must have been in a hurry....

This was more or less what I posted –

Andrew

No matter what the topic, you always find a way to bash the agencies. Child abuse and neglect has nothing to do with ideology. It may have something to do with a materialism where children are seen as accessories.

Your erudite post which reports an anecdote to revive the cliché about PC will really improve the quality of life of children in care!

Can I suggest you do some research and develop an opinion from the data rather than the other way around? You might be surprised at the result.

Trouble is, this kind of analysis is not characteristic of the kind of post that pleases the ratbag right.

Try - http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/tandi/tandi146.html

Update -

This too was snipped -

Andrew Bolt railing about bias is like Mae West complaining about innuendo.

I thought it was funny......

Update 2 -

This wasn't snipped - just not posted - in response to -

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/modestly_dressed/

What gratuitous claptrap! Why not comment on the thousands of teachers who don't abuse students, or the thousands of Muslims who wear hijab because they have genuine faith? Bigots thrive on the sentiments exhibited by this.

Apparently Mr Bolt has a thin skin.






No comments:

Jetstar

Pic courtesy Jetstar I thought I had retired, gentle reader, but now I’m working for Jetstar. I haven’t flown with them for a while, and the...